Piscataqua Savings Bank offers a unique banking program for our younger customers, with touchpoints and resources for three different age groups.
Learning the multiplication table or how to do laundry isn’t exactly fun, but learning about money can be. With three different age groups served and a set of resources for each, Piscataqua Savings Bank is your trusted partner for teaching your kids the fundamentals of financial literacy.
- The Kids’ Bank savings interest rate is always 0.25% higher than a regular “grown-up” account, with no fees, ever.
- Kids have access to our popular coin exchange machine.
- Friendly bankers, programs and online resources help teach children about money.
Kids Bank Services
Meant for the littlest of our littles, Explorers builds the foundation for financial literacy. Your young one can open their first bank account and learn the importance of regular contributions. Friends and family members can also contribute!
- Teach your child about savings — watch that birthday/holiday money grow!
- Develop a basic understanding of currency, its value and the concept of saving and fostering healthy money habits.
- Parents, grandparents, or guardians can make deposits via mail, through Zelle (or ACH depending on their bank), or in-person
- Enjoy visits with our friendly banking bear, B.A. Saver.
Our Voyagers set sail with their savings accounts. This program builds upon what your young one has learned in Explorers by teaching them to begin to set both short- and long-term financial goals.
- Fun challenges help kids see how much they can accumulate over time.
- Kids gain more freedom with purchases and decision-making, as they take a more active role in spending and saving.
- Plan short/long term financial goals
Accounts: Savings + Checking
And they’re off! Prepare your young adult for the real world by setting them up with their first checking account and the tools they need to navigate their first major financial decisions and needs. After this stage, young adults may switch to an adult checking account.
- Young people gain instruction on what’s next: direct deposits, taxes, credit cards, student/car loans, long term goals, etc.
- They can make use of direct deposit for paychecks.
- They learn how to use tools like Zelle.
- They get control of bank cards, while parents/guardians still have access to their accounts.
- It’s easy to make transfers between accounts.
Kids’ Bank CD
Set your child up for success, with the added benefit of teaching them the merits of investing, with a five-year Kids’ Bank Certificate of Deposit (CD).
- Minimum $250 to open, with the opportunity to add $250 at a time.
- May close at any time with no penalty after two years.
- Available to all ages.
Ready to Sign Up?
Visit Piscataqua Savings Bank in person any day during business hours with your child (legal guardian must be present) and open their first account with as little as one cent.
Be sure to bring:
- Your child’s birth certificate and Social Security number
- Their first deposit
- Legal guardian’s ID (if they will be listed on the account)
Kids’ Bank Resources & Activities
Click on the link below to find fun activity sheets to help you learn even more about numbers and your very own bank. Come back again soon and we’ll have new ones for you to try!