Also known as “mobile deposits,” eDeposits allow you to deposit a check by taking a picture of the front and back of with your Android or iOS mobile device.
How to use eDeposits:
- Endorse the back of your check and under your signature, write, “For mobile deposit only to Piscataqua Savings Bank” along with your account number.
- Log in to eMobile with your online banking credentials
- Select Deposits from the menu, then New Deposit. Note: If the Deposits menu item is not displayed, then you are not eligible for mobile deposit. Please call the Deposit Operations Department at (603) 436-5250 for more information.
- Select the account to which to deposit funds and enter the amount of the check. Select Continue.
- You will be prompted to take a picture of the front and back of the check. After each image is taken, select Use Photo to send the image or Retake.
How to ensure a “readable” (clear) photo:
- Choose a well-lit area and place check on a solid background. Make sure check is as flat as possible. (Smooth out any creases from folds.)
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos — hold the phone horizontally to avoid corners being cut off.
- Make sure that the entire check image — including the MICR numbers at the bottom of the check — are visible and in focus before submitting your deposit. No shadows!
Once the image is uploaded, you will be prompted to confirm the deposit amount. The deposit remains in a pending status until approved. Once a deposit is approved and posted to your account, you will see it recorded in the deposit history.
Deposits received before 4:00 pm ET on a business day are reviewed by a member of the Piscataqua Savings Bank Deposit Operations staff and credited to your account during our nightly processing. Deposits received after 4:00 pm ET on a business day, over the weekend or on a holiday are considered to be deposited on the next business day.
- Double-check your checks: Make sure you haven’t deposited it already and that the numbers you input match the image on the check.
- Save your check in a secure location until you receive your statement confirming that it was deposited, and then destroy it or write “eDeposit” across the front. This will also help keep you from accidentally depositing it again!
Mobile Capture Terms and Conditions